Skip to main content

Sugar, spice and factor X;

      December 2015, and Nabilah is still described as this fierce and angry person. What's worse than the two adjectives is the fact that it comes from someone who barely spoke any words to you.  It usually doesn't get to me, but this comment somehow initiated an interesting topic to write (blame it all on cortisol!).
       Isn't it great to be an idea that everyone likes? To be a person who fits into all the good labels; well-mannered, smiles at strangers, "lemah-lembut" etc. I wanted to be one, I really do because hearing people say things about you cuts like a paper; you didn't notice it at first but it's there.
     I have always been that person with a not so good vibe. The one that is frowned upon by many people for not having a warm welcoming smile, the one who have a "resting bitch face syndrome", the one who looks cocky etc I'm sure you're getting the picture now. Whatever.
       Long past were the times when I seek for approval to be noticed and to be complimented. Long gone were the times when I adjust my characters to fit in and to feel like I am a part of something. Long gone were the times when I think too much about how I look in the eye of others.
       Ah well, let's leave it there. Afterall, labels are just labels. If you let it defines you, you will forever feel insufficient and unsatisfied. So long as you are pleasing Him, you know nothing could ever go wrong.

     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasik Biru Ibam daytrip

Today my friends and I went to Bandar Muadzam Shah a town located about 100km from Kuantan. Awa came up with the idea on a mundane Monday morning while we were both beaten up by the freezing lecture hall and the Monday blues. We planned on visiting the so called "New Zealand" which gained its name due to the greenish scenery and the Tasik Biru Ibam. We're not really adventurous so knowing that it doesn't require much effort to reach the blue lake, is a huge relief (well at least for me).


The drive to Bandar Muadzam Shah took us around two and a half hour. Traffic was clear but the road itself is not in the best condition. From Bandar Muadzam Shah I think we drove for another 15 minutes before reaching Bukit Ibam, the exact location of Tasik Biru or the blue lake.The Blue Lake is actually an old mining site. It is said that the aesthetically pleasing blue colour is a result of copper sulphate sedimentation. No one knows the real depth or what makes the lake e…

Reality

"I am so scared of losing people that matters to me. As much as I understand that everyone will eventually leave this world, I couldn't bear the thoughts of not being able to see someone ever again. Because I am selfish and losing someone forever scares me so much.
My grandma (inak) has been admitted to the hospital yesterday. She complained that her body is aching. The doctor said there is electrolyte imbalance in her body. A sign of renal failure as it can no longer regulate the electrolyte. Her ECG showed myocardial infarction, she is dependent on oxygen mask now. Her blood pressure is fluctuating but is on the low side. It seems like her health is deteriorating even further compared to this morning.

Being away from home, I couldn't do anything but pray. Prayer transcends the distance, prayer is the only thing that helps to put my mind at ease. I couldn't concentrate on what I was studying. My first reaction when my dad sent pictures of …

Two different world ;

"When your parents got married where were you, Nabilah?"
The 4 year old me without hesitation answered
"I was in front of the pelamin, watching. Didn't you notice I was there?".

Of course my answer did not make any sense. The adults love asking me that question over and over again. Younger me noticed that they love my quirky responses so I change the answer every now and then. Sometimes I would say I was handing the bunga telur, on some days I would say I was the flowergirl. The adults (mostly my mom's colleagues) would compliment me saying I'm smart. The younger me basked in compliments and doesn't even try hiding it.
I suck at a lot of things, especially writing intros so I hope that was interesting enough for you to not close this tab 😂.

I recently read Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus. I noticed that a lot of issues discussed in the book rings true in my parents' situation. Women and men are di…