Skip to main content

Personal story time!

     I was taken aback by this one dream I had this morning. I know it's just my brain doing her job by sorting out informations but still, I was shaken to my core. Who would've thought even after all these years it still hurts? (No, this is not a love story or anything cheesy) . Life has it's own way of reminding us about the previous encounters we have had in life. It comes unexpected and as soon as it hits, it reveals back all the pain that you thought you have left behind. You were so confident that it will not haunt you back and you could live a life, free from all the annoyance and all the unpleasant things. Wrong. You should never underestimate the influence of your experiences as it moulds you into the person you are now. Life's greatest experience doesn't necessarily comes with rainbows and unicorn. For all I know, it could be sent down in the form of thunder and bitterness. 
       When I was in highschool, I became a laughing stock for a group of people because of my appearance, because I am fat. To make matters worse, these people were my classmates when I was in Form 5. I wouldn't deny how I wish days to end faster because I am always at the brink of tears. I was not sad because they were making fun of me, I was sad because my friends whom I treat as my bestfriends couldn't even stand for me and that hurts so much back then. It hurts so much until it doesn't, so to speak. I learned to live and cope with it until it really doesn't hurt. How I managed to do so? It's simple. I keep on telling myself that these people are insignificant and that I wouldn't be seeing them again as soon as high school ends. One of my mantra back then was 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger'. And I believe I did become stronger, at some point of my life I managed to eliminate all those insulting voice and keep it behind me. I often wondered why people enjoy inflicting pain on other people. I guess I have found the answer, maybe that's just a way for them to have fun; by hurting others.
         Back then, I could not see anything positive beneath this but now I do know that the people sent in your life is either a blessing or a lesson. I believe in my case I have earned one of life's greatest lesson which is to ignore what people have to say about you. There will always be someone who dislikes you for your attitude,appearance or sometimes even for no reasons. You have to know that satisfying every single person in this world is impossible. As long as you're pleasing Allah, your parents and your family then you don't owe anything to them. This has also taught me that in life, you will always be alone no matter how supportive you think your friends are. My friends are great, they really are. It's just that in some circumstances, it is better not to get involved especially in petty things such as this matter. So toughen up and treat your own wounds for you yourself is the only person that can help yourself.
         I also learned the value of forgiveness. I learned that it's not easy to forgive someone especially if they have been hurting you intentionally hahaha but nevertheless, I don't hold any grudge against any one of them now. Yes, I still couldn't treat them as a friend and I doubt if I ever will because apparently my doa of 'Ya Allah janganlah Engkau temukan aku dengan orang-orang yang menyakiti hati aku' was granted. I need more time and space to purify my heart so I could easily forgive people. Have I forgiven them? Yes. I don't see any reason not to, plus that was in the past. Since I don't live in the past I chose to let it go, by forgiving people and keep making doa that I will be granted strength to face any upcoming obstacles. Till then, Assalamualaikum (macamla ada reader hahaha)

Comments

Really luvvv this post especially the 3rd paragraph!
Amateur said…
Hmm nisa ai terharuu

Popular posts from this blog

Tasik Biru Ibam daytrip

Today my friends and I went to Bandar Muadzam Shah a town located about 100km from Kuantan. Awa came up with the idea on a mundane Monday morning while we were both beaten up by the freezing lecture hall and the Monday blues. We planned on visiting the so called "New Zealand" which gained its name due to the greenish scenery and the Tasik Biru Ibam. We're not really adventurous so knowing that it doesn't require much effort to reach the blue lake, is a huge relief (well at least for me).


The drive to Bandar Muadzam Shah took us around two and a half hour. Traffic was clear but the road itself is not in the best condition. From Bandar Muadzam Shah I think we drove for another 15 minutes before reaching Bukit Ibam, the exact location of Tasik Biru or the blue lake.The Blue Lake is actually an old mining site. It is said that the aesthetically pleasing blue colour is a result of copper sulphate sedimentation. No one knows the real depth or what makes the lake e…

Two different world ;

"When your parents got married where were you, Nabilah?"
The 4 year old me without hesitation answered
"I was in front of the pelamin, watching. Didn't you notice I was there?".

Of course my answer did not make any sense. The adults love asking me that question over and over again. Younger me noticed that they love my quirky responses so I change the answer every now and then. Sometimes I would say I was handing the bunga telur, on some days I would say I was the flowergirl. The adults (mostly my mom's colleagues) would compliment me saying I'm smart. The younger me basked in compliments and doesn't even try hiding it.
I suck at a lot of things, especially writing intros so I hope that was interesting enough for you to not close this tab 😂.

I recently read Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus. I noticed that a lot of issues discussed in the book rings true in my parents' situation. Women and men are di…

Exponential growth;

Turning 18 and 21 is often used as the marker of adulthood. Having gone through both 18 and 21, I don't feel like I am becoming more of an adult. In fact as each year pass by, I feel like I stopped growing altogether and that each year is passing by without me making any significant changes.

Adulthood is a social construct but transition is expected as we age. With adulthood, the question of maturity comes along. It honestly bothers me so much. Am I mature enough for my age? Does my behaviour reflect my age? Am I choosing the appropriate outfit or does this adds up 10 years to my real age? Mature itself is very subjective as more often than not, we know someone who is younger but very mature in making decision etc. There are no specific measure to determine one's maturity. Writing this made me realize that maybe I am glorifying the idea of adulthood.

Physical development might have stopped for some of us but the psychological and intellectual …