Skip to main content

What we want vs what we need

 The decision to create a blog has been haunting me since the day I discovered my passion for writing. I may not be the person who could touch people's heart with their vast vocabularies and beautifully used language. Mind you,I am a typical science student whom use of language is a low 4 on a scale of 1-10 with 10 as the perfect language skill. I tend to write about random things,hence the title of this blog.
On a serious note, this has been one of my 2015 new year's resolution. I know,I know it's a little bit too late but hey as the saying goes it's better late than never!! I want this blog to be a memoir of my life when I get older. I want to look back at all the entry I made and be reminded of all the struggles and my immature thoughts that hopefully would vanish as I grow older,insya Allah.

Enough about the boring introduction then.

let's talk about something else of equal importance





Throughout my less than 20 years experience of living (minus the time whereby I can't speak let alone forming intricate thoughts), these two things i.e supplication and effort has been implemented by my parents. And I am thankful for as I grow up,it comes in handy. It anchors my reliance towards Allah as the ultimate planner. No man are excluded from the feeling of dissappointment after working so hard only to get an average results. Have you ever been in that situation where you have tried your best yet still, you don't get THAT thing that you have ALWAYS WANTED? I have been in your shoes,trust me every normal human beings have been through that situation. 

What we want will not always be the thing that we need. Most of the time, we want something that we don't even need such as a new purse or a new jubah. This is when Allah comes to the rescue,by diverting our plan into something more beautiful and meaningful; His plan. Our judgement are often hazed until we fail to see things on a bigger scheme. We are too focused on one goal that we don't see the bigger picture that literally is waving at us. Life itself is a test that is supposed to mould us into a better person as well as preparing us for the hereafter. The question is, have we done justice to every test He gave us? Have we treat every hardship as a way to be grateful for His plans or have we been treating hardship by blaming Him? Nauzubillah.
You don't have the power to change whatever Allah has planned for you as His plan is flawless, and ours are knitted with flaws and mostly driven by our worldly desire such as the desire to earn as much money as we can so we could buy whatever we want to, the desire to have the latest gadget so we would be perceived as "the cool kids" etc. If humans desire were to be fulfilled completely without putting Allah as our sole purpose, our life would be meaningless as we are only doing things for the sake of pleasing other human beings. As a student, I can totally relate to the pressure of fulfilling society's, parents' and even teachers' expectations. Let me get something straight, as much as we feel like we ought to make them happy and satisfied, we are not indebted to them. That goes by saying that they don't have any control to posses and direct our life as they pleases. You yourself is responsible for the choice that you make. Afterall, you are the one who will have to answer it in the next world. What I am trying to say is, you don't have to be "the smart kid" who knows everything, who scores A in every tests etc. Sometimes,our plan will not work because we are merely humans whose life could be ended anytime,anywhere, There is a greater power in which we should channel our reliance to Him. If something does not turn the way we expected it to be,know that Allah is testing our faith and be convinced that indeed He have a better plan for you.
Things would not make sense as you go through it but it eventually will. You will see the rainbow hidden amidst all the hardships that He put you through. Bear in mind that
 if He brings you to it,He will help you through it.
You (read: I) don't need to give much attention to what people has to say about you. You know your limit and yourself better than anyone do so there's no way their observation would be able to define your whole existence. You are much better than people who always pinpoint your fault. Be you and stay true to yourself. Do your best and make sincere du'a for it is the best weapon needed to go through myriad challenges.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasik Biru Ibam daytrip

Today my friends and I went to Bandar Muadzam Shah a town located about 100km from Kuantan. Awa came up with the idea on a mundane Monday morning while we were both beaten up by the freezing lecture hall and the Monday blues. We planned on visiting the so called "New Zealand" which gained its name due to the greenish scenery and the Tasik Biru Ibam. We're not really adventurous so knowing that it doesn't require much effort to reach the blue lake, is a huge relief (well at least for me).


The drive to Bandar Muadzam Shah took us around two and a half hour. Traffic was clear but the road itself is not in the best condition. From Bandar Muadzam Shah I think we drove for another 15 minutes before reaching Bukit Ibam, the exact location of Tasik Biru or the blue lake.The Blue Lake is actually an old mining site. It is said that the aesthetically pleasing blue colour is a result of copper sulphate sedimentation. No one knows the real depth or what makes the lake e…

Two different world ;

"When your parents got married where were you, Nabilah?"
The 4 year old me without hesitation answered
"I was in front of the pelamin, watching. Didn't you notice I was there?".

Of course my answer did not make any sense. The adults love asking me that question over and over again. Younger me noticed that they love my quirky responses so I change the answer every now and then. Sometimes I would say I was handing the bunga telur, on some days I would say I was the flowergirl. The adults (mostly my mom's colleagues) would compliment me saying I'm smart. The younger me basked in compliments and doesn't even try hiding it.
I suck at a lot of things, especially writing intros so I hope that was interesting enough for you to not close this tab 😂.

I recently read Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus. I noticed that a lot of issues discussed in the book rings true in my parents' situation. Women and men are di…

Exponential growth;

Turning 18 and 21 is often used as the marker of adulthood. Having gone through both 18 and 21, I don't feel like I am becoming more of an adult. In fact as each year pass by, I feel like I stopped growing altogether and that each year is passing by without me making any significant changes.

Adulthood is a social construct but transition is expected as we age. With adulthood, the question of maturity comes along. It honestly bothers me so much. Am I mature enough for my age? Does my behaviour reflect my age? Am I choosing the appropriate outfit or does this adds up 10 years to my real age? Mature itself is very subjective as more often than not, we know someone who is younger but very mature in making decision etc. There are no specific measure to determine one's maturity. Writing this made me realize that maybe I am glorifying the idea of adulthood.

Physical development might have stopped for some of us but the psychological and intellectual …